Monday, November 10, 2008

The adventures of Curlytop and Redhead

Today was just one of "those" days. The boys thought it would be fun to get into everything they werent supposed to. I had the house clean this morning, and by noon it looks like a landfill blew up in here. It is absolutely the way these two can trash a house. Its like some super power...an evil super power.
Our day started off innocent. The boys got up and had breakfast before daddy left for work. Nick Jr got turned on for our morning wake up routine. We are not morning people. After daddy left, Connor asked me where he went.
"Daddy had to go to work" I explained.
"oh the make the monies."
"yup, he has to make monies"
"So he can give me monies!"
2 years old and he has it figured out already.
After two Nick Jr shows, the tv was turned off and Christmas music was turned on. Evan did his version of "Santa Baby" which sounded like a pack of wolves howling. I mean that in the nicest way of course.
The boys went off to play for a bit, giving me some time to pick up some toys and research some stuff for Daniel. A few minutes later, I feel something freezing on my leg. I look down and see a "nekked" can on my leg. Apparently, there was a bag full of cans of spaghettios and raviolis left on the floor by the pantry. My lovely boys had taken off every label and were making a tower with the cans. I guess we will be playing mystery can sometime in the near future.
After putting up the cans, the boys started playing with cars. No problem there...until Evan screamed because Connor smashed a car in his face causing a semi-black eye. Yay.
Next, Connor said he had to use the potty. Ok sure...I knew he probably wouldnt go, it is more of a game to him. I get him on the pot and of course Evan pipes in with "I potty!!". We only have one potty chair at the moment, so I told him he had to wait. He didnt really have to go after all. Connor sat on the potty chair for all of 2 minutes when he goes "ok I watch cartoons now!" (we would let him watch a short show when he used the potty). I told him he couldnt because he didnt go pee or poop in the potty. So started a yelling fit from Connor.
"I wanna watch Cartwooooons" for 10 straight minutes. Of course, Evan joined in because he couldnt be left out.
I got Connor dressed back up then undress Evan and put him on the potty. He used the opportunity to play with himself. Starts early in men. The whole time Connor is crying because he wants cartoons.
Finally lunch comes, and Daniel comes home to help. They eat great, and even help clean themselves. Making up for the morning I guess.
A few hours of nice playing and then it was time for bed. They slept for 4 hours!!
They woke up in a great mood and are currently playing with daddy. I am getting covered by foam letters from their puzzles as I type.

I love being a mom. :)

0 comments: